What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a medication sold under the brand name of oxycontin to treat moderate-severe pain. It originates from the class of drugs known as opioid analgesics and has two varied working mechanisms, immediate release and controlled release. One with the immediate release starts its process within fifteen minutes of consumption, and the other takes a longer time to get started. The drug is widely available in the market, and one can even buy oxycodone online along with different offline modes.
This drug came from Germany, out of thebaine. The pain relief drug also comes with several combinations with paracetamol, naloxone, and aspirin. Major medical institutions approve the drug as a generic drug. As it is a potent medication, buying it without a doctor’s prescription is not only tedious but can also induce negative impacts if taken without specific precautions in mind. However, numerous online pharmacies allow you to order oxycodone online without prescription if you urgently need this drug.
How does Oxycodone work?
Though there is not much evidence about the working this drug, supposedly, these narcotic effects occur due to its impact on the central nervous system. When we take oxycodone, it binds specific receptors of the central nervous system; this tends to change the feeling of pain throughout the spinal cord and central nervous system.
It releases a flood of dopamine, which makes us feel pleasant and pain-free. Our Brain also enjoys this feeling and continues to seek the stimulus from which this comfortable feeling is generated and cherishes more of the drug. We should be aware of the side effects on the brain stem, and one of them is slowing down breathing, which is dangerous. That is why we must consult a doctor before we buy oxycodone online or from other sources.
How to use Oxycodone?
You should consume this medicine according to as prescribed by the doctor or physician. Moreover, you must follow the instructions written over the pack when you buy oxycodone online or other possible means. Taking it frequently or more than the recommended quantity can prove to be costly over the long run. Avoid taking it for a long time as it may be habit-forming and cause mental and physical dependency over time.
Understanding the rules of taking this drug and committing to opioid analgesic REMS program to avoid misuse, abuse, and addiction is pivotal to get the maximum benefits out of it. There are specific points to ponder to make sure it doesn’t take much toll from your body:
- Elderly patients should avoid taking this drug in their diet as they are more prone to getting severe medicine impacts. Only if no other medication can work as its substitute for an elderly patient, you can think about this drug to relieve them from pain.
- As this drug is an opioid, only those who have taken narcotic pain relief medications earlier can go for this drug. The reason behind it is that not everyone is opioid-tolerant; this drug doesn’t go well with everyone; you need to get inspected about your tolerance against an opioid before making your way to oxycodone.
- Consulting a doctor if you are pregnant and breastfeeding is advisable; this drug may affect the baby while breastfeeding.
- If you had any recent surgery, you should not ignore telling your doctor about the same. There may be some chances of complications from surgery that you need to address before consuming this drug.
The typical oxycodone dosage is as per the following:
For Children (0 -17 years)
- The drug is still under study about whether it is safe for children or not. As of now, one must avoid giving the medication to children younger than 17 years of age.
For Adults (18 – 64 years)
Oxycodone immediate-response tablet
- If you haven’t consumed opioid medication before, the starting dosage can range from 5mg to 15mg taken every 4-6 hours.
- Your doctor will decide according to the body’s response about further dosage plan and what is right for you.
Oxycodone extended-release tablet
- If you haven’t consumed opioid medication earlier, your starting dosage will be 10mg every 12 hours.
- Based on the body’s response to the drug, your doctor will decide upon further dosage plans.
Side Effects of Oxycodone
When planning upon taking oxycodone to get relief from moderate to severe pain, one must always keep in mind the adverse effects it can have on the body. The impacts are not the same for everybody; some experience milder symptoms, and some may have to deal with severe drug symptoms.
Consulting a doctor or pharmacist about the medication’s aftereffects and how to deal with them is a wise move here. Whether you buy oxycodone online or from physical pharmacies, make sure to get full details of the side effects before indulging in its consumption.
Common side effects
Some symptoms can occur with the drug; they are generally manageable and disappear over time. If they last longer, consult your doctor immediately for a proper screening:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe itching
- Trouble falling asleep
- Dry mouth
Severe side effects
Those who mismanage the dosage of the drug or who order oxycodone online without prescription can sometimes experience symptoms that might get severe anytime. One should seek emergency medical attention to cope with the impacts:
- Breathing Problems
- Sleep apnea
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle cramps